Specialist Weight management
Due to COVID19 we are currently offering support packages by telephone and virtually. We are hoping to return to face to face support in the near future.
What do we do?
We will work with you to achieve healthy, sustained weight loss for long term health improvements, assess your individual needs and develop a care plan with you followed by regular reviews.
Your plan may include support in the following key areas:
- Physiology (Medical)
- Psychology (Mental Health)
- Physical activity
We work with external partners and may suggest you be signposted or referred to those services as part of your care plan.
Criteria to access the service.
- Registered with a St Helens GP
- Adults aged 16+ with BMI 40+
- Adults aged 16+ with BMI 35+ with one or more co-morbidities (including gestational diabetes)
- Pregnant women aged 16+ with BMI 35+ at the time of booking.
- Adults aged 16+ with a BMI 30+ with a diagnosis of diabetes
- Have not been discharged from the service within the last 12months.
- Referral form received from GP or health professional complete with blood tests within the last 3 months.
- Must be committed to receiving and complying with the service for a minimum of 12 months.
- Willing to consider holistic change including: physiological, psychological, social, nutritional, and physical activity aspects.
If you are considering weight loss surgery as an option, then you should talk to your GP before asking for a referral. There is an additional criteria and level of commitment required to be placed on the pathway.
How to get referred?
The quickest way is to ask your GP or health professional to make a referral for you.
You can self-refer by telephone or through the contact form below, but this may take a little longer as we will still need to get in touch with your GP to make a referral.
Please be aware:
- We are not able to refer you for consideration of surgery without undertaking this programme of support first.
- We do not make any guarantees that a referral will be accepted by the surgical provider and we do not hold the final decision about whether you have the surgery.
- We do not prescribe medication including weight loss medications.