Keeping a bright, healthy smile
We offer a range of services
- Supervised toothbrushing programme NICE2SMILE in nursery settings and special educational needs schools.
- Toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste packs to primary school children in St Helens.
- Support Health Visitor assessment clinics with child oral health packs and oral health family support.
- Training for early year’s staff, health visiting teams, school health teams, school staff, dental teams, nursing and care staff, carers of vulnerable groups and a range of health professionals.
- Provide educational resource loan box for schools, nurseries, care homes, vulnerable groups and colleges, to access and deliver consistent and current oral health information to their groups.
- Work with local dental teams to promote oral health within their practices.
- The Oral Health team attend and support a number of local and national campaigns and community based events throughout the year.
Offering information and training to a range of health professionals and other health care professionals on how to support local people to improve their oral health. We also provide information to the public at community events.
The Oral Health team – won the National Patrons Prize Award from the National Oral Health Promotion Group in June 2017
The award was presented to the team by Jenny Godson MBE (National Lead for Oral Health Improvement PHE, Chair of the Child Oral Health Improvement Programme Board) for their partnership working embedding good oral health across the borough. The team provide training and resources for schools, nurseries, health visitors, care homes and other agencies.
How do I access the service?
Get in touch with us today
Telephone 01744 371111 or Email email@example.com